Introducing My Students to The Other Side
My Favorite Irene Fountas Story
June 2, 2015
No leaning in. Eyes were not shining. Language was not being delightfully repeated or spoken at all.
My Literacy Influences....April 29,2015
I have a favorite 'Irene story" that I will save for another day, another posting. I think that she is a brilliant literacy visionary.
1. Every child reads something he or she chooses.
2. Every child reads accurately.
3. Every child reads something he or she understands.
4. Every child writes something personally meaningful.
5. Every child talks with peers about reading and writing.
6. Every child listens to a fluent adult read aloud.